The Homestead collection of companies is a senior living solution. Providing personal experienced support for those beginning to consider senior living plans for themselves and loved ones. We offer coordinated solutions with both private duty home-care and residential options, counseling and management of assisted living and memory care communities. Homestead is a local answer in a growing industry.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant with strong knowledge of property management and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to join our accounting and finance team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for completing the monthly and year-end close process, preparing the monthly financial statements, reconciling general ledger accounts and contributing to process improvements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including balance sheet, P&L and statement of cash flows for multiple properties and business units.
- Perform the financial closing process with responsibility for multiple companies and the respective G/L accounts including monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts in a multi-company environment.
- Complete conversion of accounting system to Yardi.
- Contribute to process improvements, systems enhancements, set up of improved policies and procedures in respective areas of responsibility.
- Assist the CFO and Corporate Controller in performing analysis and creating reports for senior management including expense variance analysis, financial review and budget preparation.
- Exercise critical thinking in operational, financial and transactional analyses to identify and help resolve any issues that may arise during daily operations and the month-end close process.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from accredited college is required.
- Experience with Yardi highly valued. Property management accounting a plus, too.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience preparing, analyzing, and financial reporting.
- High degree of diplomacy in handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and general ledger entry and reconciliations skills.
- The ability to drive results to completion in timeline sensitive environments.