Our health care company is experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant with strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to join our accounting and finance team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for completing the monthly and year-end close process, preparing the monthly financial statements, reconciling general ledger accounts, and contributing to process improvements.
- Preparing, posting and recording of journal entries to the general ledger for the month-end and year-end close.
- Performing the monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts such as Cash, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Prepaid Expenses, Fixed Assets, and Accruals in a multi-company environment.
- Performing the financial closing process with responsibility for multiple companies and the respective G/L accounts.
- Preparing the monthly financial statements, including balance sheet, P&L and statement of cash flows for multiple independent living and adult care business units.
- Maintaining effective and efficient communications with management, operations and support staff.
- Contributing to process improvements, systems enhancements, set up of improved policies and procedures in respective areas of responsibility.
- Assisting the CFO and Corporate Controller in performing analysis and creating reports for senior management including expense variance analysis, financial review and budget preparation.
- Assisting in the audit processes and preparing supporting schedules of G\L activities.
- Exercising critical thinking in operational, financial, and transactional analyses to identify and help resolve any issues that may arise during daily operations and the month-end close process.
- Various ad hoc financial reporting and accounting analysis projects and process improvement projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from accredited college is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience preparing, analyzing, and financial reporting in a computerized environment.
- High degree of diplomacy in handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and general ledger entry and reconciliations skills.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Enterprise, Excel and Word.
- The ability to drive results to completion in timeline sensitive environments.
- Employee recognition events
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision available for full time employees
Salary range from $45,000-$55,000 with full benefit package