Landings of Genesee Valley Assisted Living facility in Flint is looking for our next Executive Director.
The Executive Director is responsible for overall leadership, management and success of their community. These responsibilities include but are not limited to financial management, hiring, supervising, training, team member relations and recognition, communication, family services, resident well-being, quality assurance and regulatory compliance. Additionally, a key component of this position is the ownership of the Sales and Marketing process to ensure maximization of revenue and our market position. The Executive Director is expected to create a positive atmosphere in the community for residents, family and friends, and all team members.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Passion and experience caring for seniors
- College degree preferred; degree and management experience may be required per state requirements
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Previous management experience including hiring, coaching, performance management, daily operations supervision and discipline
- Demonstration of success in managing operating expenses, focused on growing both top and bottom lines
- Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and delegate responsibilities to the appropriate individuals
- Excellent written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations
- Proficient in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills
- Ability to work weekends, evenings & flexible hours as needed for resident care/services, must be available to our customers at peak service times and as needed.
- Develops a thorough working knowledge of state regulations, policies and procedures dictated for residents; ensures compliance
- Ensures all resident administrative files are well maintained, current and in compliance with state regulations
- Ensures community is in compliance with OSHA requirements
- Reviews all incident reports; ensures corrective actions are in place in a timely manner
- Practices safety procedures at all times including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), fire extinguishers, MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) and Lockout Tagout procedures.
- Drives low turnover by utilizing best practices
- Expresses expectations both verbally and in writing
- Communicates the “why” behind the direction of the business
- Perceived as fair and consistent by team members
- Is an advocate for both residents and team members
- Meets the financial targets with the goal to maximize the capital partners return
- Functional knowledge of all operating programs including memory care, clinical, dining, and social programs
- Prepares and adheres to the community budget
- Ensures budgeted revenue is achieved or exceeded by maximizing occupancy and room rate
- Reviews monthly financial statements, implements plans of action for deficiencies
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off