Addington Place Senior Care facility in Grand Rapids is looking for a Resident Care Manager. The responsibilities include comprehensive delivery of personal care services to residents on a day-to-day basis following required regulatory requirements. Assist in maintaining a physical, social and psychological environment, which will be conducive to the best interests and welfare of the residents. Coordinate, train and supervise care staff in accordance with the residents’ needs, state regulations, and Homestead Management Group policies and procedures. Maintain excellent services, high occupancy and meet Community financial goals.
Minimum eligibility requirements
- Licensed LPN/LVN or RN in good standing with State Licensing Authority.
- Experience of 3 - 5 years or more in the care of senior adults and adults with cognitive decline is preferred.
- Previous supervisory and/or management experience in a related healthcare setting.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize daily tasks in order to accommodate fluctuating needs of the resident and community.
- Must have strong documentation skills.
- Must have experience in training and staff development.
- Ensure sound infection control practices are in place that promotes a healthy environment.
- Serve as liaison between resident, family, physician and other health care providers regarding health care issues.
- Provide oversight of the medication management systems and ensure that medications are dispensed in a safe and effective manner.
- Review resident records on a regular basis and ensure that documentation accurately addresses the healthcare issues, including identified concerns, interventions and outcomes, of all residents.
- Maintain a current knowledge of OSHA and state regulations and routinely monitor Community compliance with regulations related to resident care and nursing practices.
- Responsible for supervising, assigning significant overall duties and tasks and responsibly directing the work of all care employees with full accountability for the performance of subordinates.
- Interview, make hiring recommendations and orient new staff.
- Schedule and reschedule staff using independent judgment and exercising discretion when creating the schedule and making determinations regarding granting employee requests for time off or other modifications in work schedules.